This blog is not for advocating HINDI .This blog is for Uniting INDIA.
I am in Chennai in last 3 years and I like Chennai very much,People are here very honest and sea shore all makes Chennai perfect place to live.
But One thing that is hurting me a lot why this so much great place are not becoming the integral part of INDIA. One can roam around any place in INDIA but when it comes to Chennai,Language becomes the road block for people to communicate with each other.
I love Chennai and it's people .I want it to be integral part of INDIA .But due to language barrier we are not fully connected. All over India we are having regional languages but rest of the INDIA speaks it's national Language -HINDI. For educated people it is easy to communicate because we know English but poorest of poor can not connect to other part of INDIA. In our whole session of IAC ,we can easily see how supportive the media were for us in this movement . This is political conspiracy towards people so they can not mingle with the rest of INDIA. Give a thought on it.This is one of the main reason that penetration level of our campaign is very less in chennai as compare to other part of INDIA and that's what these politician want.Try to understand their intentions. Previously Tamilnadu people were also knowing hindi but due to some political impair,politicians stop HINDI here and we can easily see the outcome now.
The people who have never gone other part of INDIA can not feel the pain. But the problem is worse when any Tamilnadu individual goes to other part of INDIA because rest of INDIA is having only one language-HINDI and majority doesn't know English either.
The intention of this article is not to advocate the HINDI . My main intention is to connect the Tamilnadu with the rest of INDIA .
Few useful comments that I received from my friends are as follows:
But One thing that is hurting me a lot why this so much great place are not becoming the integral part of INDIA. One can roam around any place in INDIA but when it comes to Chennai,Language becomes the road block for people to communicate with each other.
I love Chennai and it's people .I want it to be integral part of INDIA .But due to language barrier we are not fully connected. All over India we are having regional languages but rest of the INDIA speaks it's national Language -HINDI. For educated people it is easy to communicate because we know English but poorest of poor can not connect to other part of INDIA. In our whole session of IAC ,we can easily see how supportive the media were for us in this movement . This is political conspiracy towards people so they can not mingle with the rest of INDIA. Give a thought on it.This is one of the main reason that penetration level of our campaign is very less in chennai as compare to other part of INDIA and that's what these politician want.Try to understand their intentions. Previously Tamilnadu people were also knowing hindi but due to some political impair,politicians stop HINDI here and we can easily see the outcome now.
The people who have never gone other part of INDIA can not feel the pain. But the problem is worse when any Tamilnadu individual goes to other part of INDIA because rest of INDIA is having only one language-HINDI and majority doesn't know English either.
The intention of this article is not to advocate the HINDI . My main intention is to connect the Tamilnadu with the rest of INDIA .
Few useful comments that I received from my friends are as follows:
Puthurajan Sritharan Folks, Im 57. I am responsible for denying Hindi to Tamil. Without knowing the consequences, we agitated against Hindi in mid '60s. We lost our brain. We were taken for a ride by DMK. Now,you people pay the price for our mistakes! Pls,understand, in all matriculation schools,children are taught Hindi too. here after,there will be no problem. I apologise on behalf of people of my age!
Puthurajan Sritharan @Mani, pls read my note in my profile! It was itching me for the last 50 years! Untill 1967,Tamilnadu was among top 3 well respected states of India. Because of our stupidity, we brought it down. You people were denied opportunities in the north.TN lost development.
Mani Kandan
Dear Puthurajan Sritharan Sir, first of all I thank u for ur contribution towars the community, and according to me u r a true, honest & a brave person cos to accept & apologize in public require a huge bravery... nd u dont need to be sorry at all, for the fact we all got carried away by our bloody politicians... but the good thing is now we all understood their true faces nd we'll not give them a free ride... neither repeat these mistakes in future as far as we have good hearts like u people guiding us.... Thank U :)
Bijay Sahu
Agreed... TN was the most progressive state after independent. Madras was the HUB for Business after Kolkata. One big loss for TN was, due to this agitation TN unable to open Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, This is totally free boarding school sponsored by Central GOVT(CBSE) for the Poor Talented people of each district. Every district in india you will find one JNV. (Standard 5th to 12)But learning Hindi is Compulsory. So TN GOVT didn't allow. (I was JNV student from Orissa)
Praveen Chaudhary India Whatever things divides the brothers and sisters of INDIA . we need fight against that ,it might be caste,religion,language or anything. United we stand.
Mohanraj Thirumalai
Praveen Chaudhary India Very nice discussions. Me and my wife (who you know) regularly participate in various activities here in the US, however we (mainly me) feel a bit alien due to the lack of Hindi. There was one moment I cannot forget, we have organized a talk by Dr.Bedi, and right at the beginning she told "I know everyone here knows Hindi, so I will talk in Hindi" .... I immediately told "Sorry I don't" while I was looking around the hall (around 75 people) and no one else was like me. She replied suggesting hindi classes and was generous enough to mix Hindi and English in her speech. I feel so lost when I was seeing the parliament proceedings or see Arvind talk in full force.
Now let me tell how or why Hindi never made its way with me. First, as Puthurajan Sritharan mentions, the previous generations are Tamil bound. Our State & Matriculation schools only have a second language (no third language). Now, parents often go for Tamil as that serves for the immediate need, had there been a third language more people might have been learning Hindi. Above all, in Tamilnadu, a lot is stressed on the greatness of Tamil (which I truely admire while my mother toungue is Telugu) and you are more or less convinced that I know the most complicated language, why should I bother. This is also followed with .... the thought that I know my local language and I know English if I ever need to travel out of TN. However it has been proved to me that, these assumptions were all wrong. I often open sites where I attempt to learn hindi & fail.
Now switching to your topic of IAC penetration in Chennai, as you have seen the habits, sensitivity and emotions in Chennai/Tamilnadu are very different. Candle light vigils are just unknown. Even if you knew tamil and you invited a common street level person for a candle light vigil, they cannot get it. Today the educated might know, but those are not traditional. Unqiue and region specific strategies are very important. I had suggested this to many (but I can only suggest as I am not in Chennai): To conduct a huge funeral procession (in Chennai style) in the theme of Death for Corruption. The folk music played along with it etc, usually awakens even sleeping people. And that associating a funeral to corruption, can show the impact. This is just an example I thought might suit the local Chennai tastes.
Above all, Anna should visit Chennai. He should be accompanied by a good translating team. He needs to awaken the sleeping minds.
No comments:
Post a Comment